If you are looking for an award-winning, distinction-worthy criminal justice research topic, you have come to the right place. Included in this article are different research topic ideas on criminal justice that you can use for your next assignment.
Criminal justice assignments are second place to general Law assignments in terms of difficulty. These research subject areas require accuracy and enough evidence to support ideas and arguments.
What Research Paper on Criminal Justice Entails
A criminal justice research paper has to do with writing essays and assignments on crime- and justice-related issues. The issues can range from legislation rules to court studies; criminal justice research aims at establishing peaceful coexistence of the civil population.
Rules for Selecting Good Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
When choosing criminal justice research topics, you have to consider that legislation differs from place to place. This influences your research and can either deter or improve your papers based on how you go about it. Below are rules and principles to guide you in selecting a topic for an A-worthy criminal justice research paper.
- The topic should be relevant to criminal justice;
- Note the importance of the criminal justice research topic in personal terms;
- Establish a significance between the criminal justice research topic in global importance;
- Don’t deviate from the definite issue at hand; scattered ideas don’t make a clear thesis statement;
- The criminal justice research topic should be flexible and limited; the hypothesis should be based on famous case studies or legislative acts.
125 Interesting Criminal Justice Research Topics for the Distinction Grade
Below are 125 research topics relevant to criminal justice; the topics are sorted by study field and categories.
Basic and Controversial Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Ethics of capital punishment
- Importance of eyewitness evidence
- Medical marijuana
- Relations of law mental hospitals and law code
- Limited rights of a police officer
- Bias in African American investigation
- Crime propaganda in relation to modern music culture
- American states’ legal code
- Causes of college violence
- The practice of Sniffer Dog
- History of criminal ethics
- Concept of domestic violence
- Preventing substance abuse
- Harassment in the workplace
- Benefits of private prisons
- Cultural traits relations with religious offenses
- Procedure in a Criminal Justice Court
- Preventing crime in colleges and schools
- Legal investigations and gender bias
- Civil crimes vs. war crimes
Criminal Justice Research Questions for Inspiration
- What responsibilities do incarcerated parents have?
- What are the Criminal Justice Reform changes?
- In what way can economic crimes be reduced?
- What is the process involved in juvenile detention?
- How is organized crime different from single cases?
- Are there possibilities of making gun possession safer with stricter laws?
- Is there a connection between law violation and citizenship or lack of it?
- In what ways does education or illiteracy correspond with crime level?
- Is there a connection between family status and law violation?
- What relationship does ownership of firearms have with law violations?
- What connection is there between mental health and law violations?
- Does race correspond with the type of crime: In what ways?
- Does neighborhood influence crime rate?
- Violence in the society: causes and remedial measures
- Does weather correspond with law violations?
- What do convicts have to say on convict criminology?
- How does life affect the actions of humans in life course criminology?
- How has the lack of self-control affected criminal behavior in individuals?
- In what ways are two theories better than one in theoretical integration?
- What are the trends in drug misuse?
Criminology Research Topics on Local and International Law
- Analysis of false confessions
- Remaining neutral in mental disorder cases
- Legislation against cyber-stalking
- Protection of sensitive information
- Laws of national security
- Alternate Research methods on Double Jeopardy
- Limitations of jailhouse informants
- Legislation topics of the 19th century
- Human rights violation in Nigeria
- Process involved in International Criminal Court Appeal
- At what point should there be International Intervention?
- Methods involved in Drug Trafficking Tracking
- International offenders
- Israel and Palestine Conflict: Using Child Soldiers
- Analysis of the International Tribunal
Criminal Justice Research Topic Ideas on Society and Justice
- Theory of social control
- Methods involved in social learning
- The after-prison life and rehabilitation process
- Music piracy legislations
- Plagiarism legislations
- Shoplifting legislations
- Shoplifting precautions
- The process involved in restorative justice
- Establishing a connection in child abduction cases
- Stress management in the justice system
- Recording the interrogation process
- Punishment vs. Rehab
- Power abuse in the justice system
- The practice of transitional justice
- Prison labor ethics
- Research on child protective services
- Legal flaws in parole and probation processes
- Identifying white-collar crime
Criminal Justice Research Topics on Crime Measurement and Types of Crime
- Definitions of justice comparison
- Analyzing cases of wrongful conviction
- Abuse of judicial authority
- The jury selection process
- Causes of global criminality
- Debate on death penalty
- Psychology effect of imprisonment
- THe difference in internet piracies
- Financial crimes
- Frauds in the health sector
- Gang culture
- Corruption in the police force
- Drunk driving
- Media offenses
Criminal Justice Topics on Court Cases
- The legacy of Rodney King
- Analysis of the riots in Los Angeles
- The trial of Susan Wright
- The Aaron Henandez case
- Board vs. Brown Education
- Justice in the International Court
- The New York Times Co vs. Sullivan
- The Madison Case
- The United States v. Nixon case
- Rules regarding court case notations
More Ideas for Criminal Justice Research Paper
- Environmental Irresponsibility
- Ethical crimes and political criminals
- Honesty among lawyers
- Defense vs. criminal attorneys
- Concept of rehabilitation
- Influence of rehabilitation centers on crime rates
- The process involved in restorative justice
- Social and immigration offenses
- Uganda’s human rights violation
- Witness protection programs
- Legislation against animal cruelty
- Punishment methods involved in animal cruelty
- Analysis of unemployment in relation to the increase in crime rate
- Identity theft on social media
- Correction methods for cyber criminology
- Prevention strategies for drunk driving
- The rise in immigration crime rates
- Racial conflicts in educational institutions
- Negotiation processes and discrimination
- Racism in American prisons
- Debate on gun control
- The analysis of power abuse among police officers
- Classifying crimes according to the severity of punishment
- Quasi-experimental research to advance criminological theories
- Domestic violence against individuals with disabilities